THIS WARRANT AND THE SECURITIES ISSUABLE UPON THE EXERCISE HEREOF HAVE NOT BEEN REGISTERED UNDER THE SECURITIES ACT OF 1933, AS AMENDED. THEY MAY NOT BE SOLD, OFFERED FOR SALE, PLEDGED, HYPOTHECATED, OR OTHERWISE TRANSFERRED EXCEPT PURSUANT TO AN EFFECTIVE REGISTRATION STATEMENT UNDER THE SECURITIES ACT OF 1933, AS AMENDED, OR AN OPINION OF COUNSEL SATISFACTORY TO THE COMPANY THAT REGISTRATION IS NOT REQUIRED UNDER SUCH ACT OR UNLESS SOLD PURSUANT TO RULE 144 UNDER SUCH ACT.
Date of Issuance
October 30, 2020
PRESBYOPIA THERAPIES, INC.
WARRANT TO PURCHASE SHARES OF SERIES A PREFERRED STOCK
THIS WARRANT CERTIFIES THAT, for good and valuable consideration, ____________________ or its assigns (the Holder) is entitled to purchase the number of fully paid and non-assessable shares of Series A Preferred Stock, par value $0.0001 per share (the Series A Preferred Stock), of Presbyopia Therapies, Inc., a Delaware corporation (the Company) as set forth below and subject to the provisions and upon the terms and conditions set forth in this Warrant. This Warrant is one of a series of warrants being issued by the Company in connection with the transactions contemplated by that certain Series A Stock Purchase Agreement dated as of October 30, 2020 by and between the Company, the Holder and the other Purchasers party thereto (the Purchase Agreement). Capitalized terms used but not defined herein shall have the meanings set forth in the Purchase Agreement.
1. Purchase of Shares.
(a) Number of Shares. Subject to the terms and conditions set forth herein, the Holder is entitled, upon surrender of this Warrant at the principal office of the Company (or at such other place as the Company shall notify the Holder in writing), to purchase from the Company up to _____ fully paid and nonassessable shares of Series A Preferred Stock.
(b) Exercise Price. The exercise price for the shares of Series A Preferred Stock issuable pursuant to this Section 1 (the Shares) shall be $2.15 per share (the Exercise Price). The Shares and the Exercise Price shall be subject to adjustment pursuant to Section 7 hereof.
2. Exercise Period. This Warrant shall be exercisable, in whole or in part, during the term commencing on October 30, 2020 and ending at 5:00 p.m. Pacific Standard Time on seven years from the aforementioned date (the Exercise Period); provided, however, that this Warrant shall no longer be exercisable and become null and void upon (a) the consummation of the Companys sale of its Common Stock or other securities in the Companys first underwritten public offering pursuant to an effective registration statement under the Securities Act of 1933, as amended (other than a registration statement relating either to sale of securities to employees of the Company pursuant to its stock option, stock purchase or similar plan or a SEC Rule 145 transaction) (an Initial Public Offering) and (b) the consummation of a Deemed Liquidation Event, as such term is defined in the Companys
Certificate of Incorporation, as in effect from time to time. For purposes of this Warrant, any of the transactions described in subsection (b) shall be referred to herein as a Corporate Transaction. In the event of an Initial Public Offering or Corporate Transaction, the Company shall notify the Holder at least ten days prior to the consummation of such Initial Public Offering or Corporate Transaction.
3. Method of Exercise.
(a) While this Warrant remains outstanding and exercisable in accordance with Section 2 above, the Holder may exercise, in whole or in part, the purchase rights evidenced hereby. Such exercise shall be effected by:
(i) the surrender of this Warrant, together with a duly executed copy of the Notice of Exercise attached hereto, to the Secretary of the Company at its principal office (or at such other place as the Company shall notify the Holder in writing); and
(ii) the payment to the Company of an amount equal to the aggregate Exercise Price for the number of Shares being purchased.
(b) Each exercise of this Warrant shall be deemed to have been effected immediately prior to the close of business on the day on which this Warrant is surrendered to the Company as provided in Section 3(a) above. At such time, the person or persons in whose name or names any certificate for the Shares shall be issuable upon such exercise as provided in Section 3(c) below shall be deemed to have become the holder or holders of record of the Shares represented by such certificate.
(c) As soon as practicable after the exercise of this Warrant in whole or in part, and in any event within 20 days thereafter, the Company at its expense will cause to be issued in the name of, and delivered to, the Holder, or as such Holder (upon payment by such Holder of any applicable transfer taxes) may direct:
(i) a certificate or certificates for the number of Shares to which such Holder shall be entitled, and
(ii) in case such exercise is in part only, a new warrant or warrants (dated the date hereof) of like tenor, calling in the aggregate on the face or faces thereof for the number of Shares equal to the number of such Shares described in this Warrant minus the number of such Shares purchased by the Holder upon all exercises made in accordance with Section 3(a) above or Section 4 below.
(d) Notwithstanding the provisions of Section 2, if the Holder has not exercised this Warrant prior to the closing of a Corporate Transaction or an Initial Public Offering, this Warrant shall automatically be deemed to be exercised in full in the manner set forth in Section 4, without any further action on behalf of the Holder immediately prior to such closing.
4. Net Exercise. In lieu of exercising this Warrant for cash, the Holder may elect to receive shares equal to the value of this Warrant (or the portion thereof being exercised) by surrender of this Warrant at the principal office of the Company together with notice of such election (a Net Exercise). A Holder who Net Exercises shall have the rights described in Sections 3(b) and 3(c) hereof, and the Company shall issue to such Holder a number of Shares computed using the following formula:
The number of Shares to be issued to the Holder.
The number of Shares purchasable under this Warrant or, if only a portion of the Warrant is being exercised, the portion of the Warrant being exercised (at the date of such calculation).
The fair market value of one Share (at the date of such calculation).
The Exercise Price (as adjusted to the date of such calculation).
For purposes of this Section 4, the fair market value of a Share shall mean the price per Share that the Company could obtain from a willing buyer for Shares sold by the Company from authorized but unissued Shares, as such price shall be determined in good faith by the Companys Board of Directors; provided, however, that in the event that this Warrant is deemed to be exercised pursuant to Section 3(d) in connection with the Initial Public Offering, the fair market value per Share shall be the product of (a) the per share offering price to the public of shares of Common Stock in the Initial Public Offering, and (b) the number of shares of Common Stock into which each Share is convertible at the time of such exercise; and provided, further, that in the event that this Warrant is deemed to be exercised pursuant to Section 3(d) in connection with a Corporate Transaction, the fair market value per Share shall be the amount per Share distributable to the holders of Shares in the Corporate Transaction.
5. State Commissioners of Corporations. THE SALE OF THE SECURITIES WHICH ARE THE SUBJECT OF THIS WARRANT HAS NOT BEEN QUALIFIED WITH THE COMMISSIONER OF CORPORATIONS OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA AND THE ISSUANCE OF SUCH SECURITIES OR THE PAYMENT OR RECEIPT OF ANY PART OF THE CONSIDERATION FOR SUCH SECURITIES PRIOR TO SUCH QUALIFICATION IS UNLAWFUL, UNLESS THE SALE OF SECURITIES IS EXEMPT FROM QUALIFICATION BY SECTION 25100, 25102 OR 25105 OF THE CALIFORNIA CORPORATIONS CODE. THE RIGHTS OF ALL PARTIES TO THIS WARRANT ARE EXPRESSLY CONDITIONED UPON SUCH QUALIFICATION BEING OBTAINED, UNLESS THE SALE IS SO EXEMPT.
6. Covenants of the Company.
(a) Notices of Record Date. In the event of any taking by the Company of a record of the holders of any class of securities for the purpose of determining the holders thereof who are entitled to receive any dividend (other than a cash dividend which is the same as cash dividends paid in previous quarters and stock dividends) or other distribution, the Company shall provide the Holder, at least ten days prior to such record date, a notice specifying the date on which any such record is to be taken for the purpose of such dividend or distribution.
(b) Covenants as to Exercise Shares. The Company covenants and agrees that all Shares that may be issued upon the exercise of the rights represented by this Warrant will, upon issuance in accordance with the terms hereof, be validly issued and outstanding, fully paid and nonassessable, and free from all taxes, liens and charges with respect to the issuance thereof. The Company further covenants and agrees that the Company will at all times during the Exercise Period, have authorized and reserved, free from preemptive rights, a sufficient number of shares of Series A Preferred Stock to provide for the exercise in full of the rights represented by this Warrant and a sufficient number of shares of Common Stock to provide for the conversion of the Shares issuable upon such exercise into shares of Common Stock in accordance with the terms of the Companys Certificate of Incorporation. If at any time during the Exercise Period the number of authorized but unissued shares of Series A Preferred Stock and Common Stock shall not be sufficient to permit exercise of this Warrant, the Company will take such corporate action as may, in the opinion of its counsel, be necessary to increase its authorized but unissued shares of Series A Preferred Stock and Common Stock to such number of shares as shall be sufficient for such purposes.
7. Adjustment of Exercise Price and Number of Shares. The number and kind of Shares purchasable upon exercise of this Warrant and the Exercise Price shall be subject to adjustment from time to time as follows:
(a) Subdivisions, Combinations and Other Issuances. If the Company shall at any time after the issuance but prior to the expiration of this Warrant subdivide its Series A Preferred Stock, by split-up or otherwise, or combine its Series A Preferred Stock, or issue additional shares of its Preferred Stock or Common Stock as a dividend with respect to any shares of its Series A Preferred Stock, the number of Shares issuable on the exercise of this Warrant shall forthwith be proportionately increased in the case of a subdivision or stock dividend, or proportionately decreased in the case of a combination. Appropriate adjustments shall also be made to the Exercise Price payable per share, but the aggregate Exercise Price payable for the total number of Shares purchasable under this Warrant (as adjusted) shall remain the same. Any adjustment under this Section 7(a) shall become effective at the close of business on the date the subdivision or combination becomes effective, or as of the record date of such dividend, or in the event that no record date is fixed, upon the making of such dividend.
(b) Reclassification, Reorganization and Consolidation. In case of any reclassification, capital reorganization or change in the capital stock of the Company (other than as a result of a subdivision, combination or stock dividend provided for in Section 7(a) above), then, as a condition of such reclassification, reorganization or change, lawful provision shall be made, and duly executed documents evidencing the same from the Company or its successor shall be delivered to the Holder, so that the Holder shall have the right at any time prior to the expiration of this Warrant to purchase, at a total price equal to that payable upon the exercise of this Warrant, the kind and amount of shares of stock and other securities or property receivable in connection with such reclassification, reorganization or change by a holder of the same number and type of securities as were purchasable as Shares by the Holder immediately prior to such reclassification, reorganization or change. In any such case appropriate provisions shall be made with respect to
the rights and interest of the Holder so that the provisions hereof shall thereafter be applicable with respect to any shares of stock or other securities or property deliverable upon exercise hereof, and appropriate adjustments shall be made to the Exercise Price per Share payable hereunder, provided the aggregate Exercise Price shall remain the same.
(c) Notice of Adjustment. When any adjustment is required to be made in the number or kind of shares purchasable upon exercise of the Warrant, or in the Exercise Price, the Company shall promptly notify the Holder of such event and of the number of Shares or other securities or property thereafter purchasable upon exercise of this Warrant.
(d) Conversion of Series A Preferred Stock. In the event that all outstanding shares of Series A Preferred Stock are converted to Common Stock, or any other security, in accordance with the terms of the Companys Certificate of Incorporation in connection with the Companys Initial Public Offering, Corporate Transaction or other event, this Warrant shall become exercisable for Common Stock or such other security.
8. No Fractional Shares or Scrip. No fractional shares or scrip representing fractional shares shall be issued upon the exercise of this Warrant, but in lieu of such fractional shares the Company shall make a cash payment therefor on the basis of the Exercise Price then in effect.
9. No Stockholder Rights. Prior to exercise of this Warrant, the Holder shall not be entitled to any rights of a stockholder with respect to the Shares, including (without limitation) the right to vote such Shares, receive dividends or other distributions thereon, exercise preemptive rights or be notified of stockholder meetings, and, except as otherwise provided in this Warrant, such Holder shall not be entitled to any stockholder notice or other communication concerning the business or affairs of the Company.
10. Transfer of Warrant. Subject to compliance with applicable federal and state securities laws and any other contractual restrictions between the Company and the Holder contained herein, this Warrant and all rights hereunder are transferable in whole or in part by the Holder to any person or entity upon written notice to the Company. Within a reasonable time after the Companys receipt of an executed Assignment Form in the form attached hereto, the transfer shall be recorded on the books of the Company upon the surrender of this Warrant, properly endorsed, to the Company at its principal offices, and the payment to the Company of all transfer taxes and other governmental charges imposed on such transfer. In the event of a partial transfer, the Company shall issue to the new holders one or more appropriate new warrants.
11. Governing Law. This Warrant shall be governed by and construed under the laws of the State of Delaware without regard to conflict of law principles that would result in the application of any law other than the law of the State of Delaware.
12. Successors and Assigns. The terms and provisions of this Warrant shall inure to the benefit of, and be binding upon, the Company and the holders hereof and their respective successors and assigns.
13. Counterparts. This Warrant may be executed in two or more counterparts, each of which shall be deemed an original, but all of which together shall constitute one and the same instrument.
14. Titles and Subtitles. The titles and subtitles used in this Warrant are used for convenience only and are not to be considered in construing or interpreting this Warrant.
15. Notices. All notices and other communications given or made pursuant hereto shall be in writing and shall be deemed effectively given: (a) upon personal delivery to the party to be notified, (b) when sent by confirmed electronic mail or facsimile if sent during normal business hours of the recipient, and if not so confirmed, then on the next business day, (c) five days after having been sent by registered or certified mail, return receipt requested, postage prepaid, or (d) one day after deposit with a nationally recognized overnight courier, specifying next day delivery, with written verification of receipt. All communications shall be sent to the respective parties at the following addresses (or at such other addresses as shall be specified by notice given in accordance with this Section 15):
If to the Company:
Presbyopia Therapies, Inc.
915 Ocean Boulevard
Coronado, California 92118
If to Holder:
At the address shown on the signature page hereto.
16. Finders Fee. Each party represents that it neither is or will be obligated for any finders fee or commission in connection with this transaction. The Holder agrees to indemnify and to hold harmless the Company from any liability for any commission or compensation in the nature of a finders fee (and the costs and expenses of defending against such liability or asserted liability) for which the Holder or any of its officers, partners, employees or representatives is responsible. The Company agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Holder from any liability for any commission or compensation in the nature of a finders fee (and the costs and expenses of defending against such liability or asserted liability) for which the Company or any of its officers, employees or representatives is responsible.
17. Expenses. If any action at law or in equity is necessary to enforce or interpret the terms of this Warrant, the prevailing party shall be entitled to reasonable attorneys fees, costs and necessary disbursements in addition to any other relief to which such party may be entitled.
18. Entire Agreement; Amendments and Waivers. This Warrant and any other documents delivered pursuant hereto constitute the full and entire understanding and agreement between the parties with regard to the subjects hereof and thereof. Nonetheless, any term of this Warrant may be amended and the observance of any term of this Warrant may be waived (either generally or in a particular instance and either retroactively or prospectively), with the written consent of the Company and the Holder; or if this Warrant has been assigned in part, by the holders or rights to purchase a majority of the shares originally issuable pursuant to this Warrant.
19. Severability. If any provision of this Warrant is held to be unenforceable under applicable law, such provision shall be excluded from this Warrant and the balance of the Warrant shall be interpreted as if such provision were so excluded and shall be enforceable in accordance with its terms.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the parties have executed this Warrant as of the date first written above.
|PRESBYOPIA THERAPIES, INC.
|ACKNOWLEDGED AND AGREED:
NOTICE OF EXERCISE
PRESBYOPIA THERAPIES, INC.
Attention: Corporate Secretary
The undersigned hereby elects to purchase, pursuant to the provisions of the Warrant, as follows:
______________ shares of Series A Preferred Stock pursuant to the terms of the attached Warrant, and tenders herewith payment in cash of the Exercise Price of such Shares in full, together with all applicable transfer taxes, if any.
Net Exercise the attached Warrant with respect to __________ Shares.
The undersigned hereby represents and warrants that Representations and Warranties in Section 3 of the Purchase Agreement hereof are true and correct as of the date hereof.
|Name in which shares should be registered:
(To assign the foregoing Warrant, execute
this form and supply required information.
Do not use this form to purchase shares.)
FOR VALUE RECEIVED, the foregoing Warrant and all rights evidenced thereby are hereby assigned to
NOTE: The signature to this Assignment Form must correspond with the name as it appears on the face of the Warrant. Officers of corporations and those acting in a fiduciary or other representative capacity should provide proper evidence of authority to assign the foregoing Warrant.